Monday, April 19, 2010
A Journey Begins
This blog was initially started to take note of passing moments and phases of my life so I could remember them either profound or ordinary. It has allowed me needed reflection to consider how I spend my time sometimes wise and other times foolish. A few things have become clear for me as of late and perhaps this exercise along with some key relationships have unraveled more than I bargained for. Previously, I have found ways in this culture to entertain or suspend myself between things of importance so well, that many times I often lean in preference to things of only finite value. What if something of eternal value could be experienced now? What if the experience was so powerful that you could not help, but completely change every aspect of your life to press deeper in? What if it became the one thing you'd trade it all for? Humans are a religious creature. Optimism in a person might compel them to hope for something like this, but is seems a little too fantastic to be truth; so many times we settle for something less, be it good and well thought of in our culture it is still only temporary. More to come on this journey as I work out my thoughts and convictions to a point of ultimate application in the coming posts.

1 comment:
Sounds like you've been to Waco...
Post a Comment