Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Derby is OFF

We've been having a lot of rain lately, nature's way of making up for lost water I think. While is has been good for the rivers, it has been bad for the Derby. However, tonight its looking good to be ON.

http://dirtderby.com/

I raced a couple of weeks ago and achieved dead last. No joke, dead last. You'd think after 10 years of racing MTN bikes I could do a little better. Nope. Dead last. I'm hoping it was a gearing problem. Riding One Gear may simplify the bike and the experience but it makes racing fast courses an art-form for gear selection. I reduced the rear cog to a 14 this week, still riding a 32 on the front. We'll see if it helps me keep up with the pack when the course opens up. I'll post again late tonight with the results.

Correction - The Derby is off. Too wet. Very disappointed. We'll try the new gear next Tuesday.

2 comments:

mrsdlanemoore said...

We'll be waiting to hear how it goes! Good luck!

mrsdlanemoore said...

oh too bad!

Post a Comment