Saturday, November 28, 2009

Floyd Surfaces in Texas

This morning I found Floyd at Walnut Creek in North Austin. Ryan Albert (the Derby founder / promoter) and Floyd's brother in-law all made the ride. Walnut Creek is one of the best trails in Austin. It's tight, includes big drops, a wall ride, a few jumps and a complete pump track. I had a chance to try out the new 34 tooth chain ring. Running a 34/16 on a 29er is a little tall for this trail, next time I'll run a 32/16 instead. Floyd and I generally like to go fast, so we found a favorite section and let it hang out. We've ridden together all over the country, on all different kinds of bikes, but today we're Riding One Gear. Here's a shot from the late 90's on a road trip working our way across the great American West; here we are today. Not much has changed, except now we're not afraid to man hug. Until we meet again - friend.

1 comment:

mrsdlanemoore said...

Yeah for running into old friends! They're the best!

Post a Comment