Saturday, January 16, 2010

Austin Boat Show

Looking for something fun to do with the family today, we went to the Austin Boat show.
It was funny listening to different people explain to various boat sales guys how they were doing well and looking to buy a boat. I don't sell boats, but I am often involved on the sales side of development deals. As soon as I hear a potential customer begin to imply their financial position, I begin to look for a way to end the conversation. I'm sure boat sales guys are even more tuned to this kind of "tire kicker" signal. I could see their anoyed faces everywhere. Here's to Crysta for being a good sport and walking around all afternoon looking at boats she knows we're not going to get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I see a Waverunner in their future? You better make sure it will hold three. We could add a lift, rebuild the boat dock, etc., etc.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been enjoying the blogs and the life lessons...doesn't sound like there was much to learn at the boat show, though! But, looks like the boys had fun! Mom McD

Post a Comment