Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Little Fun for Dad

My dad always said, "It doesn't take long to spend money". He's right. I went down to my local Harley shop this afternoon and came home with this 2009 XB125cg. That letter number combination comes from the American Indian word for, "giant motor hung on wheels". It's 1203cc displacement, 103HP and 84 foot pounds of torque packed into 395lbs. The bike is used so I got a great deal since Buell no longer makes motorcycles. I test drove it last week with 35 miles on the odometer. Today I rode it home and around town, the odometer now reads 78. Real used right? I've had my eye on Buell ever since I sold my Shadow about 2 years ago. This Black beast was just too good of a deal to pass up. Can't wait for the weather to warm up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This thing is addictive. I forgot how much fun it is to ride a motorcycle. There is always that sense of danger, exhilaration, and most of all fun. It blew me away how easy that bike is to ride. Thank you very much for letting me take it for a spin. Conal

Anonymous said...

And I hope it's just addictive and not contagious! ;) Mom McD

Post a Comment